Public presentation for urban people 4.0: Future of city life in Thailand
Date-Time: December 2, 2019, 08.30-18.30 hrs.
Location: Faculty of Architecture Library, Chulalongkorn University
This forum included presentations on the future of city life by researchers in the Urban 4.0 Research Project: Future of Urban Life in Thailand, led by Prof. Dr. Mingsan Khao-sa-at, President of the Institute for Public Policy Studies. This event spanned ten full hours, and other featured speakers on the following topics:
• Birth in the City: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aphiwat Rattanawaraha
• Death in the City: Asst. Prof. Dr. Pavika Srirattanaball
• Living in the city: Ajarn Panthira Chullayanon
• City trips: Dr. Piam Suksanit
• Shopping in the city: Dr. Pansorn Wichianpradit
• Homelessness in the City: Ajarn Anak Phithakthanin
• Working in the city: Ajarn Wan Chantawilaswong
The closing event as this forum was a screening “End Game” (2018), which is a documentary that can have the effect of changing perspectives on the final stage of life. This was followed by a public discussion of End Game and Goodbye to Life in the 4.0 Era by Asst. Prof. Dr. Pavika Srirattanaban and Mr. Adisak Kanthaumli, Assistant Director for Research of UddC.
Urban People Research Project 4.0: Future of Urban Living in Thailand, which was funded by the National Research Council under the Spearhead Integration Strategy for Thai Society 4.0 initiative;
Department of Regional and Urban Planning, Faculty of Architecture, Chulalongkorn University
UddC, Center of Specialization in Urban Strategy (CE.US)